Privacy + Terms
Welcome to CurbNinja (“CurbNinja,” “we,” “us” or “our”). CurbNinja provides a way for you to share motorcycle and scooter parking spaces through our content-sharing platform. Just snap a photo of the spot you found, add comments about how may bikes can utilize the spot, and share!
- • Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users”).
1. Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information. Information you provide us directly:
- • Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a CurbNinja account.
- • Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be “found” on CurbNinja.
- • User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- • Communications between you and CurbNinja. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- • We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- • Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- • When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- • When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by CurbNinja.
- • A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
2. How We Use Your Information
- • Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- • Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- • Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- • Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- • Develop and test new products and features
- • Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- • Diagnose or fix technology problems
- • Automatically update the CurbNinja application on your device CurbNinja or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
3. Sharing of Your Information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside CurbNinja (or the group of companies of which CurbNinja is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy. Parties with whom we may share your information:
- • We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that CurbNinja is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- • We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- • We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- • We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- • Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- • If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the CurbNinja API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- • We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. How We Store Your Information
Storage and Processing:
- • Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which CurbNinja, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- • CurbNinja, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- • We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, CurbNinja cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to CurbNinja or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- • Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and CurbNinja, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to CurbNinja make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. Your Choices About Your Information
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- • Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- • Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- • If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
How long we keep your User Content:
- • Following termination or deactivation of your account, CurbNinja, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- • If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Children’s Privacy
CurbNinja does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. Other Websites and Services
8. How to Contact Us About a Deceased User
In the event of the death of an CurbNinja User, please send us an email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
9. How to Contact Us
- 1. You must be at least 16 years old to use the Service.
- 2. You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
- 3. You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, followers, username, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, CurbNinja prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to CurbNinja upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- 4. You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other CurbNinja users.
- 5. You ar. e responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- 6. You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person’s credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
- 7. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- 8. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, “Content”) that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
- 9. You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or CurbNinja.
- 10. You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username without prior written consent from CurbNinja.
- 11. You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any CurbNinja page is rendered or displayed in a user’s browser or device.
- 12. You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- 1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
- 4. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- 5. We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
- 7. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. You agree that CurbNinja is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. CurbNinja reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, including when you submit or post Content or any personal or other information.
- 8. There may be links from the Service, or from communications you receive from the Service, to third-party web sites or features. There may also be links to third-party web sites or features in images or comments within the Service. The Service also includes third-party content that we do not control, maintain or endorse. Functionality on the Service may also permit interactions between the Service and a third-party web site or feature, including applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party web site or feature. Using this functionality typically requires you to login to your account on the third-party service and you do so at your own risk. CurbNinja does not control any of these third-party web services or any of their content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that CurbNinja is in no way responsible or liable for any such third-party services or features. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY.
- 9. You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Service.
- 10. We prohibit crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Service via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles and photos (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with CurbNinja’s express consent).
- 2. Some of the Service is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that CurbNinja may place such advertising and promotions on the Service or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- 3. You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.
- 5. The Service contains content owned or licensed by CurbNinja (“CurbNinja Content”). CurbNinja Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and CurbNinja, CurbNinja owns and retains all rights in the CurbNinja Content and the Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the CurbNinja Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the CurbNinja Content.
- 6. The CurbNinja name and logo are trademarks of CurbNinja, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of CurbNinja, except in accordance with our brand guidelines. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of CurbNinja, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from CurbNinja.
- 7. Although it is CurbNinja’s intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, CurbNinja reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by CurbNinja, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. CurbNinja will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
- 10. It is CurbNinja’s policy not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which certain specific terms, conditions and requirements may apply. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. Accordingly, CurbNinja does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and takes no responsibility for any materials or ideas so transmitted. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that CurbNinja is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.